As Fall TIPS Champions you are responsible for submitting a total of 5 audits/month
The audit questions are as follows:
- Is the patient’s Fall TIPS poster updated and hanging at the bedside?
- Can the patient/family verbalize the patient’s fall risk factors?
- Can the patient/family verbalize the patient’s personalized fall prevention plan?
- If you answered “No” to any question, did you provide peer-to-peer feedback?
Remember to choose patients that are alert and oriented and have been in the hospital for at least 1 day. It also helps if a family member is present and can speak on behalf of patients who are not alert/oriented.
Fall TIPS Collaborative Members are asked to submit the following fall-related metrics once a month
- total number of falls
- total number of falls with injury
- total number of patient days